Pages

Saturday 23 July 2011

It was chucking it down at chukkas

I drove down to Midhurst last week, in and out of thunderstorms and sunshine. At one point there was so much water lying about, I wished I owned a 4x4 just to make it safely to my destination and home again! When I arrived at Cowdray, my heart sank when I saw that the car park was accessed via a very wet and very muddy field. It was under at least 2cm of water, and the rain was still falling. I had my waxed jacket with me, but I really needed Wellington boots, and I haven't owned any for about 10 years. I got out of the car, and after 100m of paddling, my boots were wet, my feet were wet, and my trousers soaked up to the knee.
Five minutes later, I was back in my nice warm car, driving home.
Chicken? Me?

No comments:

Post a Comment